4/19 PARENT MEETING SLIDES
- Feb. 27 - Algonkian Site Prep
- March 13 - Crew Dockin 9 AM - 2PM - at Algonkian
- March 22 - Student Interest Meeting, 7PM
- March 24 - Parent Interest Meeting, 7PM
- April 12 - Start of spring season
- April 13,14,15 – Tryouts
- April 16 – Team announced after school
- April 19 - Team Orientation 6PM
- April 19 - Mandatory Parent Meeting 7:30PM
- April 20 - Swim Test - Ida Lee Rec Center @ 6:30PM
- April 21 - Fee Check Collection before and after practice @ BWHS
- April 22 - Letter Writing Campaign Letters due at practice
- April 23 - Spring Fees due. $50 late fee if late
- April 26 - Water practices start at Algonkian
- May 15 - Regatta Regional Park, Occoquan (Tentative)
- May 29 - Darrell Winslow Regatta, Occoquan (Tentative)
- June 5 - Ted Phoenix Regatta, Occoquan (Tentative)
- June 12 - Outdoor Banquet / End of Season (TBD)
- Team Fees: $1100 - Invoiced and payable via TeamSnap due by Friday 4/23/2021
- If paid at the April 21st practice via check made out to Briar Woods Crew - no processing fee
- Late Fee of $50 plus processing fee will be applied if payment is made late - after 4/23/2021
- NO REFUNDS
- Travel related fees:
- None Expected for this year
**If you have any financial concerns or hardships, including government furlough issues, please approach the Executive Committee for assistance.
- Daily COVID screening form to be completed electronically.
- Temperature taken upon arrival at practice. If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, we will take it again a second and third time with a different thermometer. If it is still above the limit, we will ask you to sit in your car or wait about 5 minutes, and we will retake it. If it remains 100.4 or higher, we will have to ask you to go home.
- Neck Gaiter Masks covering both mouth and nose while on land required. Rowers may pull masks down around neck while rowing. No paper/disposable masks due to liquid contact. Must be gaiter style.
- Hand sanitizer at beginning and end of practice.
- Daily cleaning of equipment.
- Maintain Social Distance when possible.
Parent Volunteer Requirements
Briar Woods Crew Team CANNOT function without parent volunteers
- Each family on the team must sign up for 1 towel cleaning job – Signup Genius
- VASRA-mandated volunteer positions: the team is required to staff positions at each local regatta
- $50 fine for failing to fulfill volunteer roles
- Only opportunity to see regattas in-person this year
- Food Donations for Regattas
- Signup Genius for Fruit and Healthy Snacks (Granola Bars, Protein Bars, Etc)
Spring 2021 Coaches
- Head Coach - Rich Schafer
- Assistant Coaches:
- Sean Tully
- Scott Walker
- Michael Chaisone
- Jessica Sigalas
- Tyler Schafer
- Max Gallant
- Annabelle Marcais
- Matt Nulf
- Leticia Soares
- Max Gallant