- Feb. 6 - Panera Fundraising night (Ryan Park) 4pm - 8pm
- Feb. 18 - Parent Interest Meeting 7PM BWHS library
- Feb. 22 - 8 AM - 2PM - Move dock at Algonkian - Student and Parent volunteers needed. Click to SIGN UP
- Feb. 25, 26, 27 – Tryouts
- Feb. 28 – Team announced after school
- Feb. 29 - Algonkian Site Prep - Student and Parent volunteers needed. Click to SIGN UP
- March 2 - Start of spring season
- March 4 – Mandatory Parent meeting/Rower letter writing event 7:00PM in the BWHS Library
- March 4 - Last day to order uniforms
- March 7 - Dock instillation Days (mandatory for all rowers) Click to SIGN UP
- March 10 - Chipotle Fundraising Night (Ryan Park location)
- March 20 - 21 - EVSRA, Norfolk, VA
- ?? – Water practices begin (weather pending)
- March 28 - Regional Park - Sandy Run
- April 18 – Ted Phoenix - Sandy Run
- April 25 - Al Urquia - Sandy Run
- May 2 – Virginia State Championships, Upper Boats, Sandy Run
- May 9 – Virginia State Championships, Lower Boats, Sandy Run
- May 14 - 16 – Stotesbury Cup, Philadelphia
- May 19 – Banquet
- May 23 – SRAAs/Nationals — Dillon Lake, Ohio
- Team Fees: $975 if paid at the March 4th parent meeting via check - no processing fee
- Late Fee of $50 plus processing fee will be applied if payment is made late - after 3/4/20
- NO REFUNDS
- Uniform: $ ?? Must be ordered by 3/4/20 (All new team members and anyone who needs a new size)
- Travel related fees:
- Norfolk regatta: $175 - estimated
- Stotesbury, PA regatta: $275 - estimated
**If you have any financial concerns or hardships, including government furlough issues, please approach the Executive Committee for assistance.
Parent Volunteer Requirements
- The Briar Woods Crew Team CANNOT function without parent volunteers.
- Each family whose student makes the team must serve at least two volunteer roles. Each family will sign the "parent agreement".
- Volunteer Roles:
- VASRA-mandated volunteer positions: The team is required to staff positions at each local regatta.
- Team volunteer roles: i.e.: fund raising, food tent, etc.
- The links are located on the "VASRA JOBS DESCRIPTION" and "TEAM JOBS DESCRIPTION" in the pull down tab under "Spring 2020. They will go live on Friday, March 1st at 7:00 PM.
Spring 2020 Coaches
- Head Coach - Rich Schafer
- Assistant Coaches:
- Sean Tully
- Scott Walker (part-time)
- Michael Chaisone
- Jessica Sigalas
- Jenna Brown
- Sharat Paka
- Sydney McKnight
- Michael Leon