Congrats on making the Sring 2019 team
Briar Woods Crew will be hosting a MANDATORY Parent Meeting Wednesday, February 27 at 7:00PM in the BWHS Library. Please bring checks for team fees if you want to avoid paying the processing fee for on-line payment for the team fee.
- Feb. 19, 20, 21 – Tryouts
- Feb. 22 – Team announced after school
- Feb. 27 – Mandatory Parent meeting 7:00PM in the BWHS Library
- Feb. 27 – Last day to order uniforms
- Feb. 24 – Coxswain Clinic
- March 2 – 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. Dock instillation (manditory for all rowers)
- March 9 – Weight room break down (several rowers needed)
- March 23 – EVSRA, Norfolk, VA (Depart 3/22 for Norfolk)
- March 25 – Water practices begin (weather pending)
- TBD - Erg-o-thon
- April 6 – Walter Mess Regatta, Occoquan
- April 9 - 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Chipotle Night Fundraiser. (43660 Yukon Drive in Ashburn)
- April 13 – Darrell Winslow Regatta, Occoquan
- April 15-19 – Spring Break Trip, Bob Cooper, South Carolina
- April 27 – Al Urquia Regatta, Occoquan
- May 4 – Virginia State Championships, Lower Boats, Occoquan
- May 11 – Virginia State Championships, Upper Boats, Occoquan
- May 16-18 – Stotesbury Cup, Philadelphia
- May 24-25 – SRAAs/Nationals — Dillon Lake, Ohio
- June 1 – Senior Beach Day
- June 4 – Banquet
- Team Fees: $850 (if paid by check at the parent meeting on 2/27)
- Team Fees paid after 2/27: $850 plus processing fee
- Uniform: $81 MUST BE ORDERED BY 2/27! (All new team members and anyone who needs a new size)
- Volunteer "give or get" requirement: $250
- Travel related fees:
- Spring break trip (optional): $350
- Norfolk regatta: $175
- Stotesbury, PA regatta: $250 (approx.)
**If you have any financial concerns or hardships, including government furlough issues, please approach the Executive Committee for assistance.
Parent Volunteer Requirements
- The Briar Woods Crew Team CANNOT function without parent volunteers.
- Each family whose student makes the team must serve at least two volunteer roles. Each family will sign the "parent agreement".
- Volunteer Roles:
- VASRA-mandated volunteer positions: The team is required to staff positions at each local regatta.
- Team volunteer roles: i.e.: fund raising, food tent, etc.
- The links are located on the "VASRA JOBS DESCRIPTION" and "TEAM JOBS DESCRIPTION" in the pull down tab under "Spring 2019". They will go live on Friday, March 1st at 7:00 PM.
Spring 2019 Coaches
- Head Coach - Rich Schafer
- Assistant Coaches:
- Jessica Sigalis
- Sean Tully
- Scott Walker (part time)
- Michael Chaisone
- Rachael Mills
- Maya Sunderraj
- Maya O'Callaghan
- Charlie Rabena
- Collin Walker
- Maya Sunderraj